We are looking for a Software engineer. If this is you, you will work on a variety of challenging and rewarding digital solutions for customers all over the world, from a banking solution that eases the life of financial institutions, to a ground-breaking website builder, to an eCommerce platform changing lives across Africa. You’ll build great web interfaces, create APIs to simplify how our apps work and interact with different stacks for different tasks.
This is you if you are big on getting the little details just right, enjoy collaborating with a team and you are incredibly passionate about growing as a software engineer. You are also very self-driven and work well with minimum supervision.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills
- Have interest in working with and learning from a distributed team
- Be a strong problem solver
- Experience working with either web or mobile application development
- A good grasp of these key software engineering best-practices: version control, test-driven development
- Be grounded in SOLID principles
Preferred qualifications (not required)
- Familiarity with WordPress and WooCommerce
- Have experience using command-line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX-like operating system.
Qualities we seek
- Reliability: We can trust you to get the job done
- Excellence: You go all-out to exceed customer expectations
- Innovation: You are big on charting new paths
- Mentorship: You love to share what you know
What is in it for you
- Interesting and diverse project portfolio that will stimulate your thinking and creativity
- Work according to the highest standards
- Giving Back philosophy: We are really into using tech to change the world
- You get to work with an incredibly talented team with a healthy organizational culture which encourages learning and self-growth
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Software Engineer”. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled.